Wednesday, February 17, 2016

New Experiences and Home Sweet Home

     Hi everyone! PNG has been amazing(as always) but I've fallen into a routine that is becoming boring. Hopefully when I make new friends and travel to different towns I will find some excitement...
     On Tuesday afternoon, for the first time EVER, I went into the Pacific Ocean(YAY!) It's way warmer than I'm used to but I think I can live with that. Now I can scratch that off my bucket list.
     In about a week, the team will be heading into the Siar tribe to visit with the nationals and see the church that our close missionary friends built. I am very excited to get away from everything(including electronics, beds, and any cold air at all). I've heard many stories about how amazing it is there and I just can't wait to experience it. Truthfully, I'm scared out of my mind. The women there are supposed to dress very modestly and the language is very complicated and I'm just afraid I might offend someone(I'm a people-pleaser if you can't tell). I know that everything will be absolutely fine but I can't help but have anxiety about the unknown...
     Well I better get back to my boring scedule... maybe tomorrow will offer something new. I hope to update you all very soon!

-Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment