Sunday, February 21, 2016

Thankfulness

     Hello! I have had a busy weekend and I'd like to share what I did. On Saturday afternoon, the team decided to take a break from working and go to the beach. I was offered the chance to snorkle in a nearby reef. After getting out 20 yards or so, I started to struggle and drown which was frightening. After getting back to shore, I realized that I was scared of what I couldn't see. The ocean is a scary yet beautiful thing and hopefully I will have the courage to try again.
     On Sunday, the work team took a day off and went to a local hotel with a nice pool and I got to tag along. Although the pool was refreshing and the food was delicious, I couldn't help but notice that this luxurious hotel was placed right in the middle of a poverty-struck neighborhood( including straw huts and pavilions for houses.) This was truly an eye-opener for me.
     This past weekend was busy and next weekend will be even busier. On Saturday, we will be heading into Siar and camping out for 2 days. I'm excited and scared for what I might see. I hope I can write again soon and update everyone on the latest PNG news.

-Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment